Raston Group specialises in electrical solutions to suit the needs of our customers. Most of the electrical installations include local authority applications, consumer mains upgrades, switchboard upgrades, general light and power installations, Lighting Control Systems, Earthing systems and Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) equipment. It also includes audit and risk analysis, contingency planning, and emergency systems.
Projects vary from fully documented to design and construct. The design phase of a project is carried out in-house by engineering and drafting teams, working in conjunction with developers, builders and their consultants.
On all projects Raston Group is committed to excellence in the quality of workmanship and safety. We have a strict safety management plan in place which includes Safe Work Method Statements and complying with Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S) procedures.
We have vast experience in commercial fitouts and working within tight deadlines to achieve the builders and or clients’ needs. Raston Group has recently completed many Electrical Installations Ranging from $100,000 up to $3 million, including but not limited to:
- New commercial and industrial projects
- New Industrial Electrical Installations
- Electrical refurbishments and upgrades
- Retail and commercial Fitouts
- Office fitouts and refurbishments
- Medical fitouts and refurbishments
- High Voltage Supply Systems
- New residential projects
- Electrical additions
- Automation for residential and commercial
- Clipsal C-Bus
- Phillips Dynalite
The team at Raston Group Pty Ltd are all fully qualified technicians specialising in data, fibre and voice communications. We provides sophisticated and specialist Data and Communication services to clients in all industries. These projects vary in size and complexity, but universally they must be dependable and capable and offer client’s sufficient bandwidth for their current and future business needs
Raston Group is a certified installer for most of the major vendor structured cabling solutions. We partner with in-house IT teams, Vendor teams and/or System Integrators to ensure all risks are mitigated and the most efficient and reliable infrastructure is achieved.
We are able to provide a total cable management solution for our clients including design, installation, testing and certification. Raston Group specialises in a large range of communications solutions including:
- Telephone Backbone & Horizontal Cabling
- Structured Cabling (Voice & Data Systems)
- Cat 5E, Cat6A, Cat7 Structured Cabling Systems
- Fibre Optic Installations and servicing
- Structured cabling and fibre optics testing
- Data centre installations, services and refurbishments
- Coax Cabling
- Master Antenna TV Systems (MATV)
- Public Address (PA)
The services division provides a proactive service and small projects for all its clients. All of the service division personnel are dual tradesmen providing both communications cabling and electrical installations.
This division provides a 24/7 support service and specialises in reviewing and tailoring maintenance regimes to suit client’s specific requirements.
Raston Group provides support and maintenance services to all clients, in all industries and environments, from Hospitals and Aged Care Facilities, Car Manufacturing, Government Agencies, Supermarket and Retail chains. Services provide the following
- Building Maintenance Contracts
- 24 Hour Emergency Call-out Service
- Industrial breakdown services
- Industrial scheduled preventative maintenance
- Emergency & Exit Lighting Maintenance
- Re-Tubing of Lights
- Electrical Equipment Repairs
- Thermal Scanning (Infra-Red Scanning)
- Facilities Management
- Test & Tag Appliances
Power Factor (PF) relates to power quality or efficiency in a power supply system. A PF below 0.9 is low and a PF of 1 (unity) is the optimum. A major cause for low PF in industry and commerce can be traced to items of electrical equipment that may be technologically dated or not working to full rated capacity. High on the list of suspects are air conditioning compressor motors, machines running in idle mode and dated fluorescent lighting systems. This causes electrical inefficiencies to the incoming power supply system.
Supply Authorities recognise PFC as a well-established method of reducing electricity costs and other harmful effects which can usually be corrected with the installation of capacitor banks connected across the incoming power supply mains and/or other sections of the power system.
Other areas to consider energy saving methods include:
- Replacing existing lighting including fluorescents with LED lighting.
- Use sensor equipment to limit lighting time in some areas
- Use new sensor technology and fixtures in emergency stairwell lighting systems.
- Integrate Lighting Control Systems
Raston Group is constantly working with clients to fulfil their needs in achieving ways to reduce power consumption.
Raston Group specialises in Audio Visual Sales and Installation to the Residential, Commercial, Government and Education Sectors. Our expertise also allows us to provide complete System Design and Integration.
We will conduct a site inspection, consult with you and evaluate the options available, then make recommendations based on our industry knowledge and experience.
The recommendations are made in conjunction with state of the art audio visual design software that takes into account all aspects affecting the design, including such factors as acoustics, lighting and equipment layout.
This type of technology can contribute to keeping you and your team productive as well as being a useful tool for engaging clients. We aim to help you get the best out of your premises and equipment whether it is a simple plasma screen display or a fully-automated theatre display in a board or meeting room.
Our Audio Visual Installation Services include:
- Security Monitoring systems
- Speaker systems
- Plasma and LCD Display installations
- Classroom Technology
- Digital signage displays
- Interactive whiteboards
- Short throw and long throw projectors
- Motorised and pulldown screens
- LCD and LED panels
- Interactive Displays
- Video and audio conferencing